Skip to content
Hi, I want to talk about the academic terminology related to Gems and Gemology.
- Jewel: Generally, a jewel refers to a piece of jewelry containing one or more gems set in precious metal.
- Colored Stone: Colored stone is a term for all gemstones even if they are colorless except diamonds.
- Synthetic stone: Synthetic gemstones are man-made, and they have similar physical and chemical properties as a natural gemstone.
Rock: A rock is a natural aggregate of two or or more minerals
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection